Things that are going on…
1. My baby sister is getting ready to graduate and taking off to Germany to visit her boyfriend before heading off to Chapman in the fall.
2. I have been SUPER stressed out at work building a new program that launched a two weeks ago and since then has been crazy in glitches…
3. The Paleo/Primal thing is going well, however the last three days I have had FroYo and wine. Working on getting back on track today.
4. I confess to only craving things like waffles (yay coconut waffles) whipping cream and ice cream… mainly because I started this thing right before the tide changed.
5. If I could chose one activity to do for the rest of my life it would be hiking or swimming in lakes/rivers/oceans
and this is why I love my town
6. CM wants to move closer to his family. Im cool with this except for the fact that it is farther away from my family. He wants to be in this area instead…
and it may be called the rain city… PS not so fond of the rain, but head over heels for CM
7. I need to learn to have a better balanced diet… I am either all protein and fat or all carb… must learn balance!!!
It is such a beautiful morning outside in Eastern Washington. The sky is so blue, no clouds and birds singing!
I am officially at one week of following the Paleo lifestyle. Yesterday was hard. I went to a luncheon for work where they served 4 different types of bread with hummus and chicken salad. Needless to say I didn’t eat much but I did LOVE the speaker, Naomi Judd. What an interesting life she has led.
Didn’t weigh in today because the biggest difference I am seeing right now is in fatty inches just melting away. In one week I have gone down a total of 5 inches and 4 lbs (2 from the belly, 1.5 waist, 1.5 bust)!
A few health goals for the coming week/Month/Year.
1) play at least once a day
2) restrict more dairy
3) 2lbs gone
1) Be able to run 2 miles without stopping
2) lift heavy things
3) down 10lbs
1) Run the Portland half marathon and Bloomsday
2) Bike the trail of the Couer d’Alene’s
3) Be below 180’s (getting close to Goal would be AWESOME!)
4) Backpack part of Pacific Crest
5) Buy a dog (good for mental and physical health right?? Anyone know of a swissy or flat coat needing a home?)
6) Laugh constently
7) Be financially FREE (No debt, no stress… all goes towards health right?)
80 Meet the people who have inspired me to get out of the fat suit
Coconut Paleo Waffles! Amazing, and substituted honey for agave. The recipe is in the blog below!
Weighed in today at 222.2! that is pretty good if you ask me, 4.4lbs in one week. If I can average that each week that would be 16ish lbs in one month! Cause that would super Rock! Cm’s sister and soon to be brother in law will be visiting the first weekend in July. It would be nice to be down maybe 20lbs before then.
We shall see! Made some amazing dishes, including these and this with strawberries oh and for breakfast this morning I surprised CM with this in bed.
Feeling better and better every day from eating this way! So far so good and NO cravings for sugar, how amazing is that! though I am thinking of eating some of the ice cream sometime soon!
I stepped on the scale this am as is my habit and am down once again!! Though I will refrain from posting by how much until Saturday.
Speaking of Saturday CM is going to be waking up with me in me wee little condo to overlook the mountains and trees while we eat these (minus the cream and agave) topped with this in a strawberry-pineapple variety. Since CM is so amazing I am sure he will help hold down the fort in bed while I
slave joyfully prepare a meal for us.
Other news. It is going to be 75 degrees today! It is time for a glass of wine by the pool… just no bikini yet… hopefully later this summer!
I am thinking I may start posting recipes, photos, scale of easy to hard on here as I go through my journey. Just an FYI, and since I am SUPER lazy I will probably do it on Sunday.
After just three days of the paleo diet, the sweat pants avenger bravely stepped onto the scale… To find 3lbs gone… Take that Fatty Mcfatterson!
I would have torn the Batlight off the top of the building and smashed it while joining forces with the joker, or maybe penguin…It has totally been one of those days… So time for distractions!! And not in the form of a pint of Butterfinger ice cream, and yes they do make it!
It is AMAZING! Instead of that I am dressing my rear up and having a business meeting for… my very own business! What? Oh yes I said it, I started a business!
Ok I am a tangenter its a problem, I’ll work on it when I stop tangenting… oh wait…
Paleo, thats right… Ok, so I first saw the book while
perusing stalking this lovely lady. It is a true story that I was intrigued so I started doing research… lots of research… hours upon hours… what? I get a little obsessed!
So anyway, I started it yesterday. It was a lot of research with an impromptu decision of doing it. And all I can say is HOLY HELL I had way more carbs in my house than I thought from gluten free pizza crust to rice to spelt flour. It was CRAZY! Thank God for CM’s roommate and his never ending guido appetite. Not kidding! I made lasagna one night (Uh, this doesn’t happen often) and he ate 5 pieces.
Cupboards were cleaned out and CM came over to go to the gym with me as I roasted a chicken (Yeah I cooked on a week day) and made some amazing roasted veggies along with it. Such a great and filling meal!
Today was pretty awesome food wise, Pineapple, eggs, chicken, carrots, more chicken, broccoli and cauliflower, and I am full! Yeah, I am totally full. Ok I also had a yogurt. It was a weak moment but so delicious!
Working on my photos from this weekends long hike. For those who would like to see the stinking cool hike CM and I did this past weekend!
First off… I’m going to go nuts at work today!
Now that that is done… S.P. Avenger started the paleo diet, lifestyle and all that jazz… More to come… Promise… Once I’m done with this horrible day.
What does the S.P. Avenger wear to fight that dasterdly evil doer Fatty McFatterson… Why these new shiny shoes of course!
The beginning of the picnic with cm… What a great day together!